pages

3.07.2011

Break.

As close as I am to finishing my 30 day challenge, I feel the need to take a break and share an incredible experience I had yesterday.
So the past couple week--almost month--I've had some crazy things going on with my body... I've been extremely dizzy and a lovely compenant that accopanies that is nausea. Life has been pretty crazy and I've been in and out of doctors for the past weeks and my diagnosis: unknown. It's driving me crazy! I want to know what's going on so we can get rid of it! However, my doctor on Saturday, Dr. Dillon, said that him looking dumb and being stumped is a good sign. That means nothing serious is going on. Now onto my experience...
On Friday I went into work and was talking to my manager and she just said casually "I guess there is something you need to learn from this." Though she thought nothing of this comment it hit me like a tidal wave. I came home and after having a Father's Blessing I went upstairs and read my Patriarchial Blessing. I immediately burst into tears and felt the spirit so strong. At that moment I knew I was given this trial for a reason, there is something I needed to learn from it. I knew the Lord was with me and he would not leave me through this time of trouble. Although I knew this before, never have I felt his love so strong. I knew everything was going to be okay.
On Sunday I was sitting in Sacrament and it was Fast and Testimony meeting. I was sitting there just listening to others, nothing new. I suddenly had this burning desire to get up there, I had no idea really what I was going to say and this had never happened before, but I didn't dare ignore the prompting. I got up there and shared my soul with my ward. I've never done it before but it was INCREDIBLE! I wasn't scared and I knew the Lord knew it was time and I needed to grow. I'm not sure if anyone knew what I was saying because I was bawling, but the Lord did and that's all that mattered.
So after having that incredible experience and on a spiritual high, I went to Young Womens...The Lord works in mysterious ways and tells you things you need to hear when you least expect it. My Young Women's leader, Rebecca, taught a lesson on "Eternal Families". Holy moley, never has a lesson hit home so hard. This topic is something that is on my mind all the time. She had us close our eyes and picture our family. She then had us pick someone in our family that we couldn't picture our life without, and then imagine the Lord suddenly taking them away from us. I instantly started bawling, I chose my dad. I am a total 'daddy's girl' and look up to my dad so much. I can't even imagine living and not having him here. I don't want to. We then talked about the blessing of the Temple and having a "forever family". We had two women in the ward share experiences that the knowledge of an Eternal Family helped them get through them.
I can't wait for the day when the man of my dreams takes me to the Temple and we create our own Eternal Family. That is my highest goal and something I look forward to everyday. I won't do anything to jepordize that and the choices I make today effect my future family. Having the knowlege of knowing my family will be sealed for time and all eternity gives me great comfort in knowing that if anything happens to one of them we will be reunited again one day.
Yeah, it was a very intense Sunday but I live for days like yesterday! I left a lot out because it's already a very long post but I don't think I'll every forget yesterday :) I am so blessed!

I love to see the Temple. I'm going there someday :)

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely incredible! I love love love Sundays for this exact reason!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...