pages

1.01.2013

2012.

so my blog is nowhere near looking presentable, but i'm too lazy to work on it right now and decided i'll write even though my blog looks like a 5 year old colored all over it.

as i reflect over the past year, i feel like not much has happened, nor changed. however, the more i think about minor details i realize a lot has changed. 2012 was a good year.
 i spent a little more than 3 months of the year, completely dedicated to serving the lord and preaching his gopsel to young girls. that experience alone, taught me more than i would have ever thought. i learned more in those short 3 months than i had my entire life. i learned more about the gospel, strengthened my testimony by tenfold, and learned that i can do hard things.
i learned that need to start living to please myself, not others. i realized i've spent the majority of my life livino make others happy; to make them proud of me. no matter what i did, i was never good enough. i was constantly feeling like an awful person and failure at life. i finally decided to stop living that way. i decided that i am going to be me and others can either accept me as i am, or leave me. i began to start living for myself and strive for my own happiness.
i made some of the best of friends in 2012, and am so blessed to have them in my life. life can be the pits sometimes and i'm so grateful i have my friends to help me through the trying times and to ride a long for the joys.
i was tried and tested in 2012 more that i have my entire life. i was tested in ways i would have never thought and had to stand up for myself and my standards. i was tested to see who i was and am still currently on the road to figure that out.

2012 was a full of joy, heartbreak, tears, laughter, discovery, and learning. i cannot wait to see what 2013 brings.

2 comments:

  1. You said you spent 3 months completely dedicated to the Lord. Yet you were tried & tested more than you ever have? I always find that so so interesting. Because it seems (at least with me) the more I try, the more I am tested. It's definitely rough. But it sounds like 2012 was such a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for each New Year! Every day there is so much to learn. All you can ever do is "try each day to be a little better than the day before" I think that was a President Hinkley quote. Love you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...