pages

7.13.2011

Guilty Pleasure.






Yep, I have a Ridiculous, Romantic Obsession. I'll admit; I'm in love with love. Romance is my guilty pleasure. I just barely got done reading a fabulous book: My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions. I read it in less than a day, it was so addicting! It's about a college freshman, Sarah, and he journey to love. She is obsessed with romance novels and compares everything that happens in her life to them. She has inner dialogue that will compare events to novels and there's two versions of her that talk (they also really like to argue--it's quite hilarious!). Sarah meets this incredible guy in her Art History class, Ben. He is her "prince charming" and the most perfect man she has ever seen and met. She feels like he is totally out of her league. They become involved in a study group together and begin hanging out and such after that. Ben is totally into Sarah but she is so blind(and partially scarred from a previous 'relationship') and doesn't really act interested in Ben because of fear. Things get a little rocky for a while but, of course,  clear up for a Happily Ever After ending. This book probably seems super cheesy--which it kind of is. Hence, my Guilty Pleasure--but is so good and so applicable to life and is hilarious! I seriously was laughing through the whole book!  One of my favorite parts of the book is when Dean, a guy Sarah works with, tries to prove to Sarah that the reason she and Ben aren't working out and the reason he is hurt is because of her. He compares it to a chess game:

"So he moves a piece--say, a pawn--and you let him. He waits for a minute, and you don't move. So he moves again. And waits. Then he makes another little move, and you let him. Are you seeing a pattern here? I'm just saying, sooner of later; he's got to wonder why he's the only one doing anything. And he's got to figure that it's because you're killing time. So he backs off to give you a chance to play the game, but you refuse. He figures that either you don't want to play the game, or you don't want to play it with him. So he ducks out. If, let's just say hypothetically, he then sees you playing the game with someone else, he's going to quit. It's not that complicated."

For a quite boy, Dean sure is smart! :) I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wanted a very entertaining book and a fast read. I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...