pages

11.25.2010

Quick catch up.

Next Tuesday is the 30th; which means.... Christmas starts!!! A Madrigal Christmas is a magical christmas. I am so excited! We have 65 performances and I'm looking forward to every single one of them. With 65 performances, along comes no life but singing. So this could be my last blog for a while. School is hectic, work is fantastic, and life is great! I have all my college applications in except for BYU--it's a beast! I REALLY want to go to Utah State and they have an ambassadors program that I am trying to get into, so please pray that I will! I really need it :) Tuesday night, as many of you have probably heard, Utah had a Blizzard. It was insane! I got stuck right in the middle of it and was scared for my life. Everyone was slidding everyone and the snow was coming down so hard I could hardly the car in front of me, I even got in my first 'accident'. I was just sitting in my car and stopped for a good 10 minutes when I turn my head and look out the driver's window and see a jeep spinning towards me. I thought I was going to die! I was trapped and had no where to go. The jeep spun and hit the back of my car and pushed me into the curb (and a HUGE bank of snow). I couldn't see anything and I was stuck in the snow. I started freaking out a little bit but with some prayers I was able to get out and drive off. There is a steep hill to get to my mom's house, which is where I was going, and there were several accidents on it so the police closed the road and detoured us through a neighborhood. I am very unfamiliar with my mom's side of town and got lost. I called my mom because I was super scared and wanted her to come get me. The only problem was I didn't know where I was. After about 15 minutes of being on the phone with her I slowly creeped along and found an apartment complex and an address. My mom and step-dad came and got me and he drove my car home. After a 2 1/2 hour drive, which is normally a 15 min drive, we finally arrived home safe and sound. I was okay, my car was okay, and I was ready to just curl up and go to bed. So that was my excitement for this week... I'm so ready for this relaxing weekend with my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...