pages

10.18.2011

Tribute.

Don't mind the fact that I can't keep my eyes open in pictures...




My dad is seriously the best man I know. I look up to him in so many ways and I want to be just like him (even though many would disagree and say I already am). I could not be more thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with such an incredible dad. He is a rock and has such an incredible testimony and gives me so much strength. I cannot even imagine going through the many things that he has gone through. He lost both of his parents by the age of 20. That's only about a year away for me and I can't (nor do I want to) imagine my life without either of my parents. This just shows how strong he is. He was completely independent by then and was providing for himself. I am nowhere near that stage and I'm having a hard enough time with college as it is, let alone, without my parents. I am so grateful for my dad and helping me move up and shopping for books with me (even though I was the one pocketing for them, unlike most of the students there with their parents) and being there for such an important step in my life. It means the world to me! I am definitely a 'daddy's girl' and I love that I can go to him with anything. He always pushes me to do better and to be the best person I can be. My dad loves my sister and I more than I can even fathom. Even though it annoys us sometimes how protective he is over us, I know it's all out of love for us.My dad was almost like a second mom for my sister and I. He basically raised us. He got us ready, did our hair, did laundry, cooked, cleaned, and I know so much more. My dad is one of the hardest workers I know and works so hard to provide for our family. He is so self-less and is always willing to help those in need. He always puts others before himself. I am so grateful that he honors his Priesthood and for the blessing it was to have it in our home. I am also extremely grateful for the times I went and woke him up in the middle of the night to give me a blessing and he always did it--without a groan, might I add. My dad is also one of the funniest people I know and can always make me laugh. Even though we are miles away, I know I can always count on my dad to be there for me when I need him. I feel like my relationship with him has just grown so much stronger since I've left for school and I'm so grateful for that. He always is checking up on me to make sure I am doing well. Even his little "I love you" texts mean the world to me. He always assures me that he is proud of what I am doing and that he loves me. Usually I tend to get choked up and cry over those little texts that probably mean very little to him, but mean the world to me. He is what pushes me to keep going and to be better each and everyday. I love example and being the best dad any girl could ask for!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I miss your family! Your parents are awesome. Miss ya, Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing! I never got to know your dad very well, but from what you've told me before, he sure seems like a spectacular father. Remember to always be grateful for him. I'm not gonna lie, I really do envy the relationship you have with him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...